Terms And Rules
By registering at the GTL Message Forums, users agree that any post deemed inappropriate may be removed at the sole discretion of GTL. GTL also has the right, at its sole discretion, to revoke forum privileges at any time without notice or reason. In simple terms: if you break the rules, you will be banned. Exploiting loopholes to circumvent rules will also result in a ban. GTL is not responsible for messages posted on the GTL Forums or the content therein. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this includes messages posted by GTL personnel, agents, representatives et al. GTL reserves the right to reveal the identity of or whatever information we know about any user in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by said user.
- Flaming & Trolling: While it’s okay to have disagreements in discussions, name-calling or other personal attacks will not be tolerated and will result in a ban. Trolling is defined as posting anything specifically designed to attract a negative reaction from an individual or group. Not all negative opinions are automatically considered trolling, but positive discussions are encouraged. The determination of flaming and trolling will be made at the discretion of mods.
- Profanity: Use of profanity as personal expression, in pictures, or in text, is allowed on the GTL Forums. However, any profanity used will be subject to guidelines. Explicitly sexual or profane descriptions and writing are not allowed. (The GTL Forums are not your own personal Penthouse forums.) Profanity directed in an attack against another user is subject to the same considerations as flaming and trolling (see above). Usernames with profanity are prohibited.
- Signatures: Signatures are subjected to all forum rules that a post or thread would be. GTL Prime members are able to use [img] code within their signatures provided the picture adheres to the TOS. Supplemental signatures including but not limited to Tapatalk signatures shall not include images or be more than 2 lines of text long.
- Spam Off-Topic: PostsActive contributions to discussion will always be welcomed; however, advertising and excessive spamming or bumping of any thread is not permitted and will result in a ban. Off-topic posts will be deleted or moved to the appropriate forum. Excessively posting off-topic content or hijacking and driving a discussion off-topic will result in a warning or ban.
- Piracy, ROMS, and Copyrighted Material Linking to or giving information about any site that distributes illegal software or media, or any site seeking help to circumvent any copyright laws, is grounds for an immediate ban. This is true for all copyrighted material, including but not limited to games, movies, music, magazines, and videos. Discussions about customizing hardware, emulators & ROMs, custom firmware, jail-breaking, etc. are fine but a demonstration of how to do any of these things either linked or posted directly on the Forums is prohibited. Users agree not to post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights without the express permission of the owner(s) of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. Inappropriate circumstances, GTL will also terminate your account if you are determined to be a repeat infringer. Any content from outside locations is permitted as long as it abides by their (and our) permissions.
- Impersonating: Other Users & Posting Users InformationYou may not impersonate another forum member or create an account specifically for the purpose of provoking another user or group of users. Revealing users’ personal information (without their consent) will result in your account being banned. This includes links to other social network pages, images, or personal information that has not been posted by the user. If a user is requesting that their personal details are no longer posted please do not continue to post that information.
- SpoilersBe is considerate of the other users who may not have seen a movie or played a game that you’re talking about. GTL Forums feature Spoiler Tags mark-up code: [spoiler] [/spoiler], [spoiler=text] [/spoiler], or inline spoilers with [ispoiler][/ispoiler] – please use it.Spoilers in thread-titles are never allowed. In threads dedicated to discussion about a particular game, movie, or book, spoilers for that work must be tagged for content less than six months old. In threads dedicated to discussion about an ongoing TV series, spoilers for that show must be tagged for content less than two weeks old. Instructions to allow/disallow spoilers as expressed in the title or OP must be followed. If a spoiler is not about the topic of the thread, then it must be marked. In situations where an older work is being recreated in another medium (e.g. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead) threads dedicated to the discussion of the original version must be clearly marked. In all other threads, the newer version of the work is considered the release date for the purposes of tagging spoilers.
- Hacking, Scripting, and Altering Forum Code Altering or changing GTL code and/or exploiting code bugs for purposes other than what the message Forums were intended to do are prohibited. On a similar note, using automatic scripts on any part of GTL is also not permitted. Accessing or using someone else’s account is strictly prohibited. These actions are grounds for an immediate and permanent ban. You are responsible for securing your account and for any content your name has posted unless there is IP proof that another user has maliciously used your account. In this case, you will need to create a new account for security reasons.
- Bans: Ban times will be increased for repeat offenses. We only will discuss the nature, reason, and length of a ban with the user banned. If you log onto the GTL message Forums and receive a message that you have been banned, please note the reason and time and wait for the ban to end. If you believe the ban is in error, you may contact a moderator through the “Looking for a Moderator Forum” or via PM on an alternate account. Your ban will then go through a review process and you will be notified within 7 days of the review’s outcome. It is standard practice on GTL to increase ban times for repeat offenders. Taking any action while banned other than privately disputing a ban claim (including posting/liking/messaging other users) on an alternate user name is not permitted, and will result in an extension of the current ban.
- Nudity, Pornography, Pedophilia & Sexually Explicit Content Absolutely no forms of pornography are not allowed on the Forums. Media that contains sexual acts, pubic hair, female nipples, nude or seemingly nude people, bodily fluids, or genitals that are in any way visible (even through clothing), is not permitted. We don’t allow mature discussions of sexuality and pornography. Any posts, pictures, jokes, or discussions with a clear intent to sexualize children, including sexually suggestive photos of anyone seemingly under the age of 18 will incur a permanent ban from the GTL Forums. The use of unaltered classic art (excluding photographs/videos of people or acts depicting pornographic material) for the sake of discussion and not for the sole purpose of circumventing a ban on otherwise banned content is allowed.
- Racism, Sexism, and Hate Speech Posts that are racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory are not permitted on the GTL Forums. Gross generalizations, stereotypes, demeaning speech/slurs pertaining to race or gender are not allowed, and are subject to a warning and/or ban.
- Questionable Content Since we can’t have the rule to cover everything, this is the rule to, well, cover everything. These are public forums, so act like you would if you were in a public place. (A nice place!) These issues are left to the discretion of individual moderators but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, spammy, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, sexist, obscene, racist, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. Asking for or offering any of the material listed above is also out not permitted.
There are tens of thousands of posts each day on the GTL message forums, so we can’t always promise you’ll receive a warning every time action has to be taken. By registering at the GTL Message Forums, users agree that any post deemed inappropriate may be removed at the sole discretion of GTL.
Also note that the Forum Rules extend to all areas of the GTL Message Forums system, including but not limited to Private Messages and Signatures.